Lot's of things can be done to help children, teens, and adults with ADD ADHD Attention Deficit Disorder. Stimulants, like Ritalin, are effective. But they are not the only effective interventions.

     ADDinSchool.com presents hundreds of classroom interventions to help students with Attention Deficit Disorder, "ADD" or "ADHD."

Home   |   What Is ADD?   |   Parent Resources   |   Teacher Resources   |   Ritalin Alternatives    |   Favorite Links
SIGN UP for our FREE ADD ADHD Newsletter   | 

ADDinSchool.com > Alternatives to Ritalin > EEG Biofeedback Training

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder impacts about one out of twenty people in the United States. About 60% of those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder are "Hyperactive." The other 40% are not hyperactive. They are the "Inattentive" or "space-cadet" ADD students.

EEG Biofeedback training, also called Neurofeedback, is available in most cities in the United States.

It is a good intervention, and can be effective, provided that your clinician knows what he or she is doing. Expertise and experience are very important, just as in counseling or medicine. Choose your providers wisely.

Subscribe to the ADD ADHD NEWSLETTER mailing list


ADD ADHD attention deficit disorder comparison ritalin attend  biofeedback

Read some very interesting COMPARISONS between three of our favorite interventions:

  • Stimulant Medications
  • ATTEND Nutraceutical
  • EEG Biofeedback Training
Interventions for:



Resources for PARENTS or TEACHERS

The very best resource on the internet regarding EEG Biofeedback training is the EEG Spectrum web site.

Everything that you want to know about EEG Biofeedback can be found there, from research to providers near you. We cannot possibly build a site as good as theirs, so we will not try. Visit their site.

EEG Spectrum web site.




ADD ADHD Feedback Loop in Attention Deficit Disorder Brain EEG Biofeedback works under the assumption that an individual can learn how to regulate his own brainwave activity if he is given immediate feedback in an understandable format. Most providers have systems that use video games to give the feedback to keep the subject interested while learning.

We have, in fact, seen children as young as four years old learn to decrease slow, unregulated brainwave activity, and increase mid-range, regulated brainwave activity on demand through the training.

The training is also outstanding for peak performance training in athletes and business executives. Ask NASA, the US military, and the most of the world's Olympic teams. They know.